Monday, December 5, 2011

Use of Twitter As an Educator

We have accomplished so much in regards to the use of technology this year. We have a ways to go still (and we always will), but I am very proud of the efforts you have made in the integration of new technologies into your classroom.


We have some steps to take in opening up your access and speeding our system up, but I am glad to report to you that we are working hard to address those issues, and when you come back in the fall you should be welcomed to a speedy, responsive, open network.


If you haven't begun to explore blogging or twitter, please watch the link below. While I started my first blog over six years ago as a new principal, I was very skeptical of twitter and its practical use. I was absolutely wrong! The networking with people all over the country is very useful, inspiring, and it can help provide you with resources that will benefit you in your everyday teaching. If you haven't opened a twitter account, I encourage you to do so. It is so simple, that you'll be left wondering if you actually created the account.
In the link below, Justin does a great job of sharing why it would be valuable for you to use twitter as an educator. Please take a moment to watch the brief video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment